[RSSAC Caucus] CFP for DINR 2024 virtual workshop, Apr. 4, 2024, for early DNS research

Wes Hardaker hardaker at isi.edu
Fri Feb 9 14:54:47 UTC 2024

[Note: this post is entirely unrelated to my position within RSSAC or on
the ICANN board -- it is about an annual virtual DNS research meeting we
hold at USC/ISI]

We would like to invite you to our upcoming virtual workshop on "DNS and
Internet Naming Research Directions - 2024" (DINR-2024). We will be holding
this workshop virtually over Zoom on Thursday 2024-04-04 from 14:00 to
20:00 UTC (that's 07:00-13:00 PDT on the US west coast).

This year, we have a particular focus on privacy and security of the DNS
both now and in the future. For example, how has DNS-over-TLS and HTTPS or
QUIC changed privacy for their users? Or operations for providers?

However, we continue to welcome all DNS-related topics on infrastructure,
tools, and any early DNS and general name space related work as well as any
important updates about previous work.

If you have work in these areas to share, or you want to hear about what
the community is doing, we'd love to have you join us for DINR-2024.

Like previous years, we're planning for a very interactive day of short
talks followed by longer discussions. We are soliciting short abstracts
(suggested 1 page text + 1 page references) from people who are interested
presenting at the workshop. Abstracts are due soon on 2024-03-04, but as a
reminder they need not be lengthy. 1-page maximum contributions are
preferred. Co-chairs are John Heidemann and Wes Hardaker (both at USC/ISI),
with Allison Mankin (Salesforce) and Moritz Müller (SIDN Labs) on the
Technical Program Committee. If you wish to attend but not present, please
submit a paragraph stating you wish to attend only and provide a brief
background about your involvement with the DNS and identification.

For details about DINR2024, see https://ant.isi.edu/events/dinr2024/ . (For
information about DINR in prior years, see https://ant.isi.edu/events/ .)

Please let us know if you're interested, or register your abstract at
https://ant.isi.edu/dinr2024sub .

-John and Wes on behalf of the DINR2024 TPC

--
Wes Hardaker
USC/ISI