[RSS GWG] Day/time for standing teleconference

Kurt Pritz kurt at kjpritz.com
Tue Feb 25 21:15:25 UTC 2020

Hi Carlos (and everyone):

First, please accept my apologies for missing the inaugural call. (If I cannot master the logistics of my alarm, it does not bode well for the quality of my contributions on anything more technical.)  I have listened to the call.

My intro: during my time at ICANN, I was involved in discussions (in some depth) about how root server operator governance might intersect with the ICANN technical oversight role. So I am pleased to be part of the culmination of that. Among other assignments, I now primarily work as a board member of the .art domain registry on policy, product development and operations matters.

Second, is a question about the doodle poll (and I apologize in advance for over complicating this). The upcoming timezone change might affect our availability timing. I assume this poll is “before the time change.” Is that correct? The reason that it might be a problem is that I (and others) have standing meetings either side of these times - some remain at the same UTC time and some might move wit the time change.t.

As a presumption, I suggest that the UTC time we set for our meetings will stay constant after the time change but we pause and revisit availability to see if any members have immovable conflicts.

Again, sorry for missing the call and sorry for complicating the doodle poll,

Best regards,

Kurt