[RSS GWG] Proposed MOU or LOI between an RSO and the contracting company

Carlos Reyes carlos.reyes at icann.org
Thu Oct 8 22:38:38 UTC 2020

Hello, all.

Attached is the document that RSSAC Chair Fred Baker described during the joint meeting. This was the cover note in the message to Ted on Tuesday:

“As we have discussed in the past, the RSSAC has asked itself what a contract between an RSO and a contracting organization might look like. There are a number of issues, as you can imagine and we have discussed. The paper we came up with is attached.

This morning, PDT, the RSSAC agreed that we are done with it and are happy to send it to you. Note that we neither expect nor intend that the GWG issue exactly what we have produced, but we hope it might help the GWG with its deliberations.

Thursday, there will be a call between the RSSAC and the GWG, in which we hope to discuss this paper. When we talk with the ICANN BTC, we similarly expect to bring this up as one of the things the RSSAC has been thinking about.”

Best,
Carlos

Carlos Reyes

Director, Strategic Policy Planning