[RSS GWG] Proposed cancelation of the next few meetings. Please review and respond.

Verd, Brad bverd at verisign.com
Tue Nov 28 18:31:13 UTC 2023

Colleagues,

It has been brought to my attention that the meeting scheduled for this week (Thursday) conflicts with the ongoing RIPE meeting this week.  We have several of our members @RIPE that would be affected.

This Thursday I was planning on using the time to go over the 6 principles that we had stabilized in Hamburg one last time and begin discussions on next steps.    However, as you look at the calendar for December it looks very challenging that we would have much participation, so I had planned to talk through the schedule and propose that we pick things up the in January, on the 11th.  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vE4Krte10JSLIeqRb_ijmV6JiPbbObxpVum8_nF-hzc/edit#heading=h.y5e847n74wzc

We have our principles document.  Again, I encourage everyone to be asking their constituencies if they need any clarity and adding notes to the “Implementation Notes” field [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HwQ3NvHqESO7mUr6EOeMTyhraOBazptXpVwLbT-git0/edit#heading=h.q3jn06ayoygd].  We haven’t seen any edits to the implementation notes thus far, so that leads me to believe that there is no need for further clarification on the principles at this point.

Then in the new year, we can start the “rooms/tables/chairs” discussion in earnest.   On a side note, in conversations with Carlos, the next opportunity for a face-to-face workshop would probably be April timeframe and we attached a doodle poll on that here. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScuGp21oai7IqkvmIWgVd8irD75LGy4JPwQeKawQYVkU83ObQ/viewform

With all that said the immediate question to the group based on what has been suggested to me… Do people agree that given Ripe and the upcoming holidays that we should pick things up in January?

Cheers,

Brad