[RZERC] Decisions/Action Items Regarding Chair Selection - 23 January 2017 Teleconference

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Tue Feb 14 16:49:14 UTC 2017

> On 14 Feb 2017, at 16:19, Wessels, Duane <dwessels at verisign.com> wrote:
>
> I think what Peter is getting at is the potentially awkward situation where the RZERC chair doesn't get reappointed to RZERC during the middle of the chair's term. How do other committees handle this?

I don’t know. I’d also like to see term limits so there is forced rotation.

So how about this text:

The term of the Chairman ends at the close of the first RZERC meeting held after the two year anniversary of his/her appointment or if they are no longer a member of the committee. A Chairman cannot serve more than 2? 3? consecutive terms.