[RZERC] Decisions/Action Items Regarding Chair Selection - 23 January 2017 Teleconference

Steve Sheng steve.sheng at icann.org
Wed Jan 25 16:30:03 UTC 2017

Dear RZERC members,

  Thank you for participating the RZERC teleconference on 23 January. Before the official minutes come out, I want to quickly highlight some decisions/actions items regarding the selection of the chair.

DECISIONS:

•        All RZERC members are eligible to be selected as the chair.

•        The committee agreed on the duties of the chair. However additional languages are needed to ensure that this is not meant to empower the chair more.

•        Nominations will continue to open for one week.

ACTION ITEMS:

•        Peter Koch to write an introductory paragraph regarding the responsibilities of the chair. [ETA 1 February 2017]

•        Nominations or self-nominations are accepted until close of business 1 Wed February 2017. Please send them to the list.

•        Staff to work with the committee to develop selection procedures, including election tools.

  Currently, we have two self-nominations: Russ Mundy and Duane Wessels.

  Please let us know if you have any questions regarding these decisions / action items.

Best
Steve