[RZERC] Root Zone Management Evolution Study

Mario Aleman mario.aleman at icann.org
Fri Apr 27 18:04:00 UTC 2018

Dear Duane and RZERC members,

I will be sharing a Doodle with all of you soon to coordinate a good time for the next Teleconference call in May.

Best,

--
Mario A. Aleman
mario.aleman at icann.org
ICANN – Policy Development Support

On 4/27/18, 9:40 AM, "RZERC on behalf of Wessels, Duane via RZERC" <rzerc-bounces at icann.org on behalf of rzerc at icann.org> wrote:

    Dear RZERC members,

    Attached is an overview of a proposed study that I received from the ICANN office of the CTO.  The impetus for this study comes from a March 2016 recommendation by the IANA Stewardship Transition Coordination Group ("ICG").  In essence, the purpose of the study is to examine the operational procedures governing changes to the root zone following NTIA's departure from the root zone management process.

    The ICANN organization requests that RZERC discuss and comment on the scope and timing of the proposed study.

    Per my conversations with ICANN staff, it is my understanding that the study itself would be conducted by an outside party, following an RFP process.  Recommendations from the study would likely be directed at RZERC.

    Based on this development, I suggest that we resume our regular monthly meetings and being discussing this proposal.  Previously we were meeting on the third Monday of each month, which would put our next meeting on Monday May 21.  Mario, could you please arrange a doodle poll or otherwise find a good time for us to meet around that date?

    DW