[RZERC] REMINDER: Charter Review Draft Update

Kim Davies kim.davies at iana.org
Thu Jul 13 04:23:20 UTC 2023

Quoting Geoff Huston via RZERC on Thursday July 13, 2023:

> I received a single comment from an SSAC member:
>
> > A review can be called by either the ICANN Board or RZERC.  What about the PTI Board?  Is RZERC part of PTI or completely outside of it?

I think my response would be that RZERC is a committee of ICANN and
is designed to provide advice to the ICANN Board. The PTI Board has a
limited mandate and is not involved in making decisions on topics that
are in the purview of RZERC.

With that said, should the PTI Board have concerns that warrant
triggering a charter review, it can advise PTI's liason to RZERC
(currently yours truly) to bring them to the committee, or could express
those concerns to the ICANN Board.

kim