[social-media-wg] Fwd: [Soac-infoalert] A Communications Update for ICANN 51

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Fri Oct 3 17:04:00 UTC 2014

FYI

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[Soac-infoalert] A Communications Update for ICANN 51
Date: 	Fri, 3 Oct 2014 17:00:32 +0000
From: 	David Olive <david.olive at icann.org>
To: 	soac-infoalert at icann.org <soac-infoalert at icann.org>
CC: 	Duncan Burns <duncan.burns at icann.org>

Dear Community Leaders:

Below are some short details on a few of the communications initiatives
 we're working on for ICANN 51 that might be of interest to you.

For this meeting, we're experimenting with a few new things to help us
share information across the community and provide more opportunities to
highlight work, sessions, upcoming events etc. and would welcome any
suggestions or requests for profiling. We're going to try and include as
many as the somewhat limited space will allow.

The hashtag on social media will be #ICANN51.

*_Newsletter_***

A twice-daily newsletter will be produced and emailed to attendees
registered for ICANN 51.  The morning edition will be released at approx
0600 PT and provide attendees with the latest news about the meeting
schedule, profiles on community members, trending topics on social
media, user-generated photos and meeting tips.  The evening edition will
be released at approx 2000 PT and provide highlights of the day’s
events, social media posts, community stories and meeting related
notices.  The ICANN 51 Newsletter will rollout its first edition on
October 11th.

While there is limited space, we encourage possible submissions for
inclusions in the newsletter and will include as many as space allows,
please contact: Jana Juginovic, (jana.juginovic at icann.org
<mailto:jana.juginovic at icann.org>) or Natalie Schoer, Social Media
Coordinator,  (natalie.schoer at icann.org <mailto:natalie.schoer at icann.org>).

/*_Barker Channel_***/

/ /

/We will have monitors located throughout the meeting venue to provide a
24/7 display of meeting related information, which will include venue
maps, social media feeds of ICANN’s Facebook and Twitter accounts,
meeting schedules and important meeting notices. /

/ /

/To suggest possible feeds for the Barker Channel, please contact: Jana
Juginovic, (jana.juginovic at icann.org <mailto:jana.juginovic at icann.org>)
or Natalie Schoer, Social Media Coordinator, (natalie.schoer at icann.org
<mailto:natalie.schoer at icann.org>).  /

/  /

/*_User Generated Photos_***/

/ /

/We will be soliciting community members to send us their own ICANN 51
pictures to display on the Barker Channel, in the Newsletter and post to
ICANN’s social media accounts. ICANN fellows will also be helping to
take pictures of attendees posing for photos of themselves holding a
sign, which the attendee will write describing, in one sentence, why the
Internet is important to them.  We will also distribute these photos on
the Barker Channel, social media accounts and in the newsletter./

/ /

/Community photos can be tweeted to: #Pics4ICANN or submitted to the
ICANN 51 Flickr Group <https://www.flickr.com/photos/icann>./

/ /

*_/Video Hubs /_*

/ /

/Picking up on the popularity of the video hubs used during the London
meeting at the Public Forum and the other two main-room Thursday
sessions, we are again teaming up with the Internet Society (ISOC) and
our community to host video hubs at Thursday’s major sessions.  The hubs
will be located in regions where stakeholders would have difficulty
accessing our usual Adobe Connect streams, either because of lack of
availability or the expense incurred from using a high-speed connection. /

Very happy to discuss any questions people might have.

Cheers,
Duncan

--

Duncan Burns