[social-media-wg] At-Large Social Media Feed Needs You!

Ariel Liang ariel.liang at icann.org
Sat Oct 11 05:23:01 UTC 2014

Hello All,

As you probably notice, ICANN 51 is just about 1 day away!!!

Similar to ATLAS II, we will provide live social media feed throughout the
whole meeting period. This will not only ensure that At-Large has a voice on
social media during the meeting, but also help remote participants to feel
the vibrant atmosphere in LA. I will appreciate all the help from you to
cover our sessions.

Just to refresh your memory of how we do it as a social media reporter team:
1. We will have at least 2 tweets per session, 2 Facebook Posts per day.
2. If you¹d like to tweet on your own, please mention @ICANN_AtLarge in your
tweets, or use hashtag #ICANNAtLarge so I can RT from you effectively.
3. I will request from you for pictures and/or tweet text via our Skype chat
group. Please keep turn Skype on during the At-Large meeting sessions.
4. Do you still remember SLACK <https://slack.com/> ? This is a wonderful
tool for uploading pictures quickly from your smart phone, so that I can
tweet out those great pictures from different angles in the meeting rooms. I
have created the channel #ICANN51 and invited all the current SLACK users to
this channel. If you don¹t remember how we used it, please email me and/or
pin me on Skype, and I will walk you through this app.
> * Download SLACK for iPhone:
> https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/slack-team-communication/id618783545?mt=8
> * Download SLACK for Android:
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Slack&hl=en
> * Download SLACK for Windows:
> http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/slack-wp/f2c696d5-8b10-4320-92d8-9
> ec35c6e6d86
> * Access SLACK via laptop browser: https://slack.com/signin
5. From tomorrow (11 Oct), I will try to touch base with each one of you who
attend the meeting about our social media mission. However, if you are
participating the meeting remotely, please also feel free to tweet and join
the conversation.
#ICANNATLARGE, let¹s get pumped for #ICANN51 #LA!

Cheers,
Ariel