[social-media-wg] Twitter adds support for threads

Dev Anand Teelucksingh devtee at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 11:43:48 UTC 2017

This can make it easier to report on an ongoing topic or reporting on
a conference call or F2F meeting.

https://blog.twitter.com/official/en_us/topics/product/2017/nicethreads.html

"At Twitter, we have a history of studying how people use our service
and then creating features to make what they’re doing easier. The
Retweet, '@reply', and hashtag are examples of this. A few years ago
we noticed people creatively stitching Tweets together to share more
information or tell a longer story – like this. We saw this approach
(which we call “threading”) as an innovative way to present a train of
thought, made up of connected but individual elements.....

Now, hundreds of thousands of threads are Tweeted every day! But this
method of Tweeting, while effective and popular, can be tricky for
some to create and it’s often tough to read or discover all the Tweets
in a thread. That’s why we’re thrilled to share that we’re making it
simpler to thread Tweets together, and to find threads, so it’s easier
to express yourself on Twitter and stay informed.

We’ve made it easy to create a thread by adding a plus button in the
composer, so you can connect your thoughts and publish your threaded
Tweets all at the same time. You can continue adding more Tweets to
your published thread at any time with the new “Add another Tweet”
button. Additionally, it’s now simpler to spot a thread – we’ve added
an obvious “Show this thread” label."