[social-media-wg] Photos and Credit

Ariel Liang ariel.liang at icann.org
Wed Sep 13 16:05:58 UTC 2017

Hi Glenn,

First of all, we are more than grateful for your wonderful photos. Thank you for your contribution in this aspect.

Our understanding is that @ICANNATLARGE is a twitter account for the At-Large Community. Even Staff helps manage the content, it is pretty much a twitter account made by the community and for the community. As you are aware, our community members are very active in contributing content, including draft tweets, photos, and interactions.

If you’d like to be acknowledged for every single photo that you took that is published via the community twitter handle in the rare occasion, please be so kind to suggest the most convenient and efficient way to do so. Do you have a twitter handle that we could mention? Perhaps you could put your name on the photo in a corner via your photo editing software? Please keep in mind that twitter has 140-character count limit, so if we write “photo credit: Glenn Mcknight”, it already took 28 characters in the tweet. Another alternative way is that you tweet out these photos on your own and we retweet from you quoting your tweeted photo. Please advise.

For Facebook, since there is no character limit, we are mindful of acknowledging your name if we happen to use your photos from time to time. When we get to publish your photos on the At-Large Flickr account sometime, we have put your name in the credit section as well.

Best Regards,
Ariel