[social-media-wg] Leadership Change in the At-Large Social Media Working Group (SMWG)

Priyatosh Jana priyatoshjana at gmail.com
Fri May 22 02:17:03 UTC 2020

Dear Maureen,

I would like the idea of having a rotational regional SMWG chair.

Waiving Congratulations Shreedeep.

Kind regards

Priyatosh

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 8:41 PM ICANN At-Large Staff <
staff at atlarge.icann.org> wrote:

> Dear SMWG Members,​
>
> I'm happy to announce significant changes in the leadership of the
> At-Large Social Media Working Group (SMWG). As you all know, over the past
> year John Laprise began to transition out of his role as SMWG Chair,
> and made a call for SMWG Regional Vice-Chairs to work with the SMWG Members
> and ALSes in their regions to promote the work of At-Large.
>
> Going forward, we will have a rotational, regional SMWG Chair, selected
> from the region of the upcoming ICANN Meeting. This will be helpful not
> only during the current pandemic with our virtual meetings, but also in our
> eventual face to face meetings going forward. To that end, *Shreedeep
> Rayamajhi*, APRALO Regional SMWG Vice Chair, *will now be our Regional
> SMWG Chair and lead efforts to promote and engage our community leading up
> to ICANN68 Virtual Policy Forum. *
>
> In addition, to work more closely with the Outreach & Engagement
> Subcommittee, the Regional SMWG Chair will have a standing item for updates
> from their region, as well as the general activity of the SMWG on the O&E
> SC agenda.
>
> Please all give Shreedeep a warm welcome and congratulations in his new
> role, and please join the next SMWG meeting on Thursday, 28 May at 14:30
> UTC​ <https://community.icann.org/x/lwEdC>.
>
> Best,
>
> Maureen Hilyard, ALAC Chair

*Priyatosh Jana*
Assistant Professor,
Mallabhum Institute of Technology,Bishnupur,W.B,India
Vice President(Membership), Internet Society (ISOC), India Kolkata Chapter.
*SPOC (Single Point of Contact), SWAYAM - NPTEL Local Chapter,NPTEL.*
*ICT Remote Center Co-ordinator, NMEICT*
*Virtual Lab Nodal Center Co-ordinator, IITs*
Mobile :- + 91 9002780765 / 9732722700