[social-media-wg] Leadership Change in the At-Large Social Media Working Group (SMWG)

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Thu May 21 17:05:21 UTC 2020

Thank you for your suggestions Raymond. I think that the current covid
situation has encouraged us to do something different.

The Asia-Pacific is one of the also-rans when it comes to ICANN meetings,
and this is our first opportunity since ICANN60  in Abu Dhabi (2017) to
hold a meeting in our region.  It is unfortunate that in the circumstances
it is a virtual meeting and that we wont get another opportunity until at
least 2022, but we want to make the most of it.

The rotating leadership gives more people a chance to test their leadership
capacity and enables others in the wider community to see how people
perform when they are given a real responsibility. The social media working
group is an area where people can use their imagination to support the
communication of what is important to At-Large and ICANN  and at the same
time to be creative about how they do this including more diverse ways of
including more about the region and its people and culture as well as the
ICANN side of the working group's role.

Your contributions will be of great assistance to them, especially in
regards to promoting the meeting in the AFRALO region.

Many thanks for your input
Maureen