[social-media-wg] Suggested At-Large activities at the ICANN booth during ICANN77

Adebunmi AKINBO akinbo.adebunmi at gmail.com
Thu May 4 23:44:54 UTC 2023

Hi.

On Thu, May 4, 2023 at 6:21 PM Natalia Filina via Social-media-WG <
social-media-wg at atlarge-lists.icann.org> wrote:

> Dear all,
> sorry again for my broken Internet connection today.
> Thank you for the great bouquet of brilliant ideas which I suggest to put
> on the paper and discuss.
>
> My essence of speech if I was not hearen:
>
> For content Developers
1.

> Regardless of which social network we choose, a very important rule is to
> make an excellent and bright design, and break stereotypes.

2.

> What else is important for us: to speak in simple language. Translation is
> built into all messengers, but where appropriate - to translate messages.

3.

> Allow people to ask questions or provoke people to ask questions.

4.  Mark with Hashtags or Handles, if known.

> To mark people who are important to our audience and are known (but there
> is not much to do where it is appropriate - if these people participate in
> our activities or there is a discussion on the topic with them).

5. Outreach attitude.

> It is very important to remember that we entertain people, we explain, but
> more importantly, we involve them in our agenda. Therefore, we have to
> think about the leads: followers who turn into At-Large participants.
>
> 6.

> My suggestion is to *create a telegram channel *for the time of the ICANN
> meeting, invite people there and: share photos, videos, news, ICANN meeting
> notifications and continue to get acquainted after the meeting for the
> future.

7. This depends on the exchange channel. It may be  Telegram.

> To use for invitation QR code printed and placed somewhere at the booth.
>

> Telegram allows for keeping the video and picture quality great; no
comprension or limit.
No matter the time you join, all messages are visible to you.
Great for exchange and control too.

> Best,
> Natalia Filina

Thanks Natalia.