[Ssr1implementation-ssr2-rt] SSR1 Sub-topic group

ALAIN AINA aalain at trstech.net
Mon Jul 31 17:21:25 UTC 2017

> On 28 Jul 2017, at 16:53, Denise Michel <denisemichel at fb.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Alain and Ram.
>
> Thank you, Alain, for asking the full team for more members for this sub-topic group.

And i am worried that it does not generate traffic on the review team list. Beside adding more  member to the SSR1 sub-group, my questions also call for  general discussions around distribution and traffic load for all.

 Are we all carrying the same load. ? Fair and equitable distribution? good distribution to get  the maximum from team members ?

> In case no one comes forward,

The answers to the question above shall help address  this...

> an alternate path for this group that Eric and I wanted to get your thoughts on was to flesh out the work plan for SSR1 assessment (which includes having a consultant do a gap analysis), and then disband this group and have the full team address the gap analysis and handle follow-on work.

I keep saying since the beginning  despite what others argued that the SSR1 recommendations's implementation  assessment is key for our work.:

1-  it is one of the “shall” do

2-  it helps the team to get  a clear idea of what were the weaknesses, how ICANN was requested to address them, how they were addressed, how things have evolved(positive and negative) and finally  what  are the take away for the review  we are doing….

Even  if we will use a consultant as other groups may also want, it is important to get this group reinforced as to

1- Assemble  data
2- do a preliminary  review of the implementation  of the recommendations
3- agree on ToR for the consultant
4- work with then consultant to avoid any misunderstanding  and make sure, they do what we  expect
5-  Review  consultant report and  engage the global team

Hope this make a bit sense… I am open  for discussions…

Thanks

—Alain