[Ssr2-coordination] SSR2 action items & proposed agenda

Osterweil, Eric eosterweil at verisign.com
Thu Jul 20 20:07:56 UTC 2017



Yeah, that makes sense to me.

Eric

From: <ssr2-coordination-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of Denise Michel <denisemichel at fb.com>
Date: Thursday, July 20, 2017 at 1:48 PM
To: Jennifer Bryce <jennifer.bryce at icann.org>, ssr2-coordination <ssr2-coordination at icann.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Ssr2-coordination] SSR2 action items & proposed agenda

Thanks, Jennifer.

Eric – I don’t think we should have 2 briefings on one call. I suggest we defer “Framework for Registry Operators to Respond to Security Threats (Security Framework Drafting Team)”
What do you think?

Thanks
Denise


Denise Michel
Domain Name System Strategy & Management
Facebook, Inc.
denisemichel at fb.com<mailto:denisemichel at fb.com>




From: <ssr2-coordination-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of Jennifer Bryce <jennifer.bryce at icann.org>
Date: Thursday, July 20, 2017 at 8:28 AM
To: "ssr2-coordination at icann.org" <ssr2-coordination at icann.org>
Subject: [Ssr2-coordination] SSR2 action items & proposed agenda

Dear Co-Chairs,

Below is the proposed agenda for tomorrow’s Co-Chair/staff coordination call, proposed plenary agenda and list of action items/requests.

Proposed agenda for Co-Chair/Staff Coordination Call - Friday 21 July

  *   Leadership change - Co-Chairs to advise actions, if any, they want to take
  *   Continued Johannesburg meeting – thoughts & feedback
  *   January face-to-face meeting - Co-Chairs to confirm location
  *   Work Plan development – determine what needs to be reflected in the document and next steps
  *   Discuss outreach approach at ICANN60 in Abu Dhabi
  *   Review proposed plenary call agenda Tuesday 25 July
  *   AOB

Proposed agenda for SSR2 plenary - Tuesday 25 July

  *   Updated SOIs & note apologies/absences
  *   Briefing: Framework for Registry Operators to Respond to Security Threats (Security Framework Drafting Team)
  *   SSR1 implementation briefing: Risk Management (James Caulfield, ICANN Enterprise Risk Management, Xavier Calvez, ICANN Senior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer)
  *   Updates from subtopic teams (SSR1 Implementation, ICANN SSR, DNS Security, Future Challenges, IANA Transition)
  *   AOB

 Open Action Items & Requests

  *   Build out the SSR2 Review Team work plan to provide additional substance and practical steps to share with Co-Chairs for initial input. (ICANN Org, 21 July)
  *   Provide follow-up questions via email regarding the SSR1 implementation briefing by ICANN Compliance – recommendation 10. (SSR2-RT, 25 July)
  *   Regarding action item 68: L-root question: Provide a written explanation as to how the original question was felt to be objectionable. (ICANN Org - 21 July)
  *   Provide the SSR2 RT a timeline of the ITHI project, when they have clarity on next steps and schedules. Follow up: Could you please clarify when ITHI will start regularly publishing (or giving the public access to) data? It seems that the “schedule” provided is about discussions rather than production. (ICANN Org - 21 July)
  *   Review ICANN SSR re-organized work items[docs.google.com]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_document_d_1DWoT4VoMlT5Dvcy78EXI-2DO5tQFqa9CblwsDEV6go51s_edit&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=VuRMFw6YascG5ysc1jEHBZgGTtD6QSLrFmqdvMx5FM8&m=S9HfS6m5v0ffuPmkZ7pKAwcylyhI1daTHIn0Xo_8opA&s=GurxoA8k617H88YNCv1EYwV1c2LK3YEY4QLwAuNpjZo&e=> (37 items in 8 groups) and send feedback to ICANNsecurity-SSR2-RT at icann.org<mailto:ICANNsecurity-SSR2-RT at icann.org>. (SSR2-RT, 25 July)
  *   The ICANN security team (now OCTO/SSR) developed a framework that provided a definition for "security".  The SSR2 team used that definition. The Board response to the Terms of Reference expressed that this definition is too broad for the Review Team’s use. Is Board asking staff to redefine definition of “security”? (ICANN Board, 25 July)
  *   Provide SSR2-RT with information on if ICANN Office of the CTO has plans to re-define “security”? If so, how and when? (ICANN Org, 25 July)
  *   Review 06:00 plenary call slot attendance and provide input to inform discussion around potential cancelation of call. (Co-Chairs, 1 August)
  *   Provide follow-up questions<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_document_d_15g9bz4h57wC9LmNltKLarLRGhJdztnCBzDGtWmBs8q0_edit&d=DwMGaQ&c=5VD0RTtNlTh3ycd41b3MUw&r=MWVuq3jZIw5gwhGdDf-HWNL4CEWIsdUnt9gOgplCArM&m=QXZFMxqhdyuVNPqn4UE2N-vcCkbUWd00X8chNcJeGIY&s=Kja7WP3WZYNFJ5qNqoFTzF1L7cnYBlw3KpfVmdCL9Mw&e=> from the 25 June SSR1 briefings so that ICANN Org can prepare responses. (SSR2-RT, 25 July)
  *   SSR2-RT to share thoughts[docs.google.com]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_document_d_1nBZXvPNVIGsqDUaTZkm9aW5Rit0hR4YHf3wftU2jMhA_edit-3Fusp-3Dsharing&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=VuRMFw6YascG5ysc1jEHBZgGTtD6QSLrFmqdvMx5FM8&m=S9HfS6m5v0ffuPmkZ7pKAwcylyhI1daTHIn0Xo_8opA&s=Fh40YC09lWCY4kjSHSnXNNS--Hz5DXK0FfYDMvuzKPk&e=> on top SSR concerns with Future Challenges subtopic team to inform work items/scope (SSR2-RT, TBD)
  *   Complete SSR1 implementation briefings[docs.google.com]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_document_d_1js3wT36bLI0BXaGdZ7RRAN4nWjK8k4vuluak4vqa3V4_edit&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=VuRMFw6YascG5ysc1jEHBZgGTtD6QSLrFmqdvMx5FM8&m=S9HfS6m5v0ffuPmkZ7pKAwcylyhI1daTHIn0Xo_8opA&s=dZdcf3p77liesLpRjltZRKUyq2kQALzLJsxCmqb4ZIw&e=>. (ICANN Org, 1 August)
  *   Co-Chairs to confirm location of face-to-face meeting (Co-Chairs, 21 July)
  *   Prepare draft questions<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_document_d_1QmUaAufCfYtEs0cXS-2DfTxwtkxHZMrBj1IwGIe332LVo_edit&d=DwMGaQ&c=5VD0RTtNlTh3ycd41b3MUw&r=MWVuq3jZIw5gwhGdDf-HWNL4CEWIsdUnt9gOgplCArM&m=QXZFMxqhdyuVNPqn4UE2N-vcCkbUWd00X8chNcJeGIY&s=Oc8jmLWJwYh0Pl12I-nDXprNFTsSYNnCF-D5DAqRBcQ&e=> for ICANN Chief Innovation & Information Officer (CIO). Questions will be sent to the CIO in preparation for holding a briefing for the RT. (SSR2-RT, 25 July 2017)
  *   Draft SSR2 Review Team work plan with key dates, circulate to RT for input. (Co-Chairs, James Gannon, Boban Krsic, TBD)
  *   Draft note and summary of SSR1 implementation for ICANN to send to SSR1 team members and invite them to share their assessment with the SSR2-RT. (Denise Michel, TBD)
  *   Review non-disclosure form with ICANN Legal and report back to RT on any updates or edits to the circulated form. (James Gannon, Kerry-Ann Barrett, 25 July)
  *   Research collaborative tools the RT may use that can be publicly archived. (ICANN Org, James Gannon, 8 August)
  *   Draft a Statement of Work for specialist technical writer. (James Gannon, Cathy Handley, Denise Michel, 25 July)


--
Jennifer Bryce
Senior Reviews Coordinator
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)

Email: jennifer.bryce at icann.org
Skype: jennifer.bryce.icann
www.icann.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/ssr2-coordination/attachments/20170720/3b54c7a7/attachment.html>


More information about the ssr2-coordination mailing list