[Ssr2-coordination] Draft SSR2 communiqué

Jennifer Bryce jennifer.bryce at icann.org
Thu Jun 15 16:40:20 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Thanks for the input. I added the hyperlinks to the final draft version. Before I distribute a clean version to the group please acknowledge -

Regarding the name of the review and the request to adopt ‘Security Review’ in public communications - I talked with comms about this and we can’t adopt a different name. This is reflected in the attached document. While it’s a valid concern that for people outside of ICANN, SSR2 doesn't mean anything, we alleviate this by referencing the full name of the Review (with the acronym in parenthesis) in all of our comms. It’s a standard ICANN best practice to do this. In addition, SSR2 follows a similar format to ATRT2, At-Large2, RSSAC2 and other Reviews. If we make changes to Review acronyms we will lose this uniformity and the value that comes with it.

For distribution to SO/AC leaders, we work with the Policy team who distribute to their respective groups.

Hope all of this is clear - let me know if you have questions.

Jennifer