[Ssr2-coordination] Process for Engagement of Qualified Contractors for Review Team Support

Alice Jansen alice.jansen at icann.org
Fri Sep 8 08:34:09 UTC 2017

Sent on behalf of Larisa Gurnick

Dear Denise, Dear Eric,

As you requested, we have re-reviewed the process for engaging qualified contractors to ensure alignment with ICANN Bylaws and current procurement practices, as it was documented in an email<http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/ssr2-review/2017-August/000532.html> circulated to the SSR2 on 17 August.

To further clarify the process, we have expanded the original slides to emphasize that:

  *   The responsibility for selecting a qualified contractor will be shared by ICANN organization and the Review Team.
  *   The Review Team will designate a point person(s) to speak with a singular voice on behalf of the Review Team through the selection process and during the term of the contract.
  *   Procurement will inform applicants that some information they will submit as part of their proposal will be shared with the designated point person(s) from the Review Team.  No cost or contractual terms will be shared with any member of the Review Team.

Please note that ICANN’s current process for engaging contractors reflects enhancements and streamlining to ensure the most effective outcome in line with best practices. There is no longer a distinction in the process based on expenditure thresholds, as may have been the case several years ago. The process and the standards are being incorporated in the Draft Operating Standards for Specific Reviews that will be posted for public comment by 1 October. We propose to develop more detailed steps, if necessary, in collaboration with the Review Team as together we work toward engagement of contractor to perform the gap analysis on SSR1 recommendations.

We are ready to proceed with the engagement of the contractor to perform the gap analysis, once you have completed all your edits to the overview document.  We will propose a workable timeline once we have your confirmation to proceed.  Additionally, in order to move forward with engagement of a technical writer, please provide us with the necessary specifications.

Please let us know if you have questions. Expanded slides can be found in the attached. You can track the progress of these open action items in the Tracking Tool<https://community.icann.org/x/VrnRAw> (##140, 145); also see closed action item (#100) – category “Procurement”.

Thanks

Best regards

Larisa B. Gurnick
VP, Multistakeholder Strategy and Strategic Initiatives
Mobile: 1 310 383-8995
Skype: larisa.gurnick