[Ssr2-coordination] Abu Dhabi outreach summary & items for attention

Jennifer Bryce jennifer.bryce at icann.org
Tue Sep 12 12:01:35 UTC 2017

Hi Denise & Eric,

Here is a summary of where we are with the ICANN60 Abu Dhabi outreach. Please note that there are some items which require your attention. I have highlighted where we need your input in red. As the groups are working on their schedules now we should get back to them as soon as possible.

Need input:

  1.  Registry Stakeholder Group: Sue Schuler - rysgsecretariat at gmail.com<mailto:rysgsecretariat at gmail.com>
     *   Update tentatively scheduled for teleconference call on 4 October 2017 at 16:30 UTC. This might be premature. Denise, Eric - What are your thoughts?
  2.  RSSAC: carlos.reyes at icann.org<mailto:carlos.reyes at icann.org>
     *   Please let us know how you want to respond: “How long is the SSR2 Team requesting? It may be more efficient for the RSSAC to provide feedback through its two appointees—Eric and Cathy.”
  3.  GAC Public Safety Working Group: Fabien.betremieux at icann.org
     *   Please let us know how you want to respond: “Are you looking for input specifically from a law enforcement/public safety perspective or are you interested in input relating to public policy concerns more generally. This would help inform the GAC leadership's choice of arranging a session where GAC members – aside from PSWG members – could be present or, alternatively, a session that would have more of a public safety focus. Could you let us know what would be most helpful to you?”
  4.  ccNSO: Dr Eberhard W Lisse - el at lisse.NA
     *   Please let us know how we should respond to this comment from Eberhard re TechDay: “A 20 minutes presentations of current (specific) findings could work, something general (introductory) would not, in our view, and be more suited for the main ccNSO meeting. Norm Ritchie is a member of both groups and can act as liaison here.”
  5.  Framework for Registry Operators to Respond to Security Threats:
     *   Although not on the outreach list, given that the briefing on last week’s SSR2 plenary call was cancelled we thought you may wish to meet with some members of the team in Abu Dhabi. Please confirm and we will work to schedule.

Timeslot confirmed:

  1.  GAC: julia.charvolen at icann.org<mailto:julia.charvolen at icann.org> 08:30 - 09:00 Monday 30 Oct.
  2.  SSAC: julie.hedlund at icann.org<mailto:julie.hedlund at icann.org> 09:30 - 10:00 Tuesday 31 Oct.
  3.  NPOC: maryam.bakoshi at icann.org<mailto:maryam.bakoshi at icann.org> 14:00 - 14:30 Tuesday 31 Oct.

In the process of confirming timeslot:

  1.  GNSO: Nathalie Peregrine - gnso-secs at icann.org
  2.  ASO: German Valdez - secretariat at aso.icann.org
  3.  ALAC: Gisella.Gruber at icann.org<mailto:Gisella.Gruber at icann.org>
  4.  Registrar Stakeholder Group: Zoe Bonython - secretariat at icannregistrars.org
  5.  NCUC: maryam.bakoshi at icann.org<mailto:maryam.bakoshi at icann.org>
  6.  Business Constituency: chantelle.doerksen at icann.org<mailto:chantelle.doerksen at icann.org>
  7.  Intellectual Property Constituency: chantelle.doerksen at icann.org<mailto:chantelle.doerksen at icann.org>
  8.  ISPCP: chantelle.doerksen at icann.org<mailto:chantelle.doerksen at icann.org>

More information can be found on the Google doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MQ6RJ3lAjbxPuPI678iD19B-KLQNDP9jkrZrg12N1BI/edit?usp=sharing

Please let me know if you have questions.

Jennifer

--
Jennifer Bryce
Senior Reviews Coordinator