[Ssr2-coordination] UPDATE - Gap Analysis

Alice Jansen alice.jansen at icann.org
Thu Sep 21 09:01:34 UTC 2017

Dear Denise, Dear Eric,

Thank you for your feedback on the process for engaging contractors. As outlined in Jennifer’s note, the following edits were made to the slides to capture your requests for clarification:

  *   The responsibility for selecting a qualified contractor will be shared by ICANN organization and the Review Team.
  *   The Review Team will designate a point person(s) to speak with a singular voice on behalf of the Review Team through the selection process and during the term of the contract.
  *   Procurement will inform applicants that some information they will submit as part of their proposal will be shared with the designated point person(s) from the Review Team.  No cost or contractual terms will be shared with any member of the Review Team.

Based on the conversation we had on Friday, it is our understanding that you wish to have these agreements reflected in the body of the gap analysis specifications document (new name to differentiate from an RfP overview). Attached to this email you will find a revised document for your consideration.

Please note the following:

  *   We have removed the RfP references and replaced them with “specifications”;
  *   Edits were made to the assessment and award section to reflect the agreements reached;
  *   A revised timeline was included for your consideration. This timetable should allow sufficient time to review proposals and interview candidates;
  *   An announcement will be published on the ICANN.org website and promoted through social media channels. Should you have suggestions of individuals whom you feel would be qualified, we would be happy to notify them;
  *   Interested individuals will be invited to send their proposal to a dedicated email address and will not be asked to use the Sourcing Tool. The Sourcing Tool is an application that Procurement team uses to collect all responses as part of the formal RfP process, which is not applicable to this case;
  *   As agreed, ICANN will be responsible for handling the contract related elements. Proposals received will be redacted of any pricing-related information prior to being shared with you.

We hope that we have addressed your concerns, and that you ready for us to move forward with the process for engaging a contractor. The process for engaging contractors for Specific Reviews meets the needs of the Review Team, maintains ICANN’s commitment to transparency and accountability, and is in line with the internal guidelines, best practices as well as procurement requirements.

We look forward to reading your thoughts on the attached.

Best regards

Alice