[Ssr2-coordination] Follow-up on Decisions Reached

Jennifer Bryce jennifer.bryce at icann.org
Thu Sep 21 15:20:36 UTC 2017

Dear Denise and Eric,

To follow-up on our discussion last week about the decisions reached: We have in place a standard process for capturing and posting action items and decisions from plenary and sub-team meetings, as well as email communications (please see the attached email from Alain which includes the decision to suspend the SSR1 sub-team activities). Currently, following the standard process, action items and decisions reached are:

  1.  Captured by ICANN staff during plenary and sub-team meetings, as well as from email communications.
  2.  Cross-checked with the call recordings and chat transcripts for accuracy and completeness after the call.
  3.  Shared as draft with the Review Team or sub-team, within 24-hours of the meeting. Team members are asked to share any edits they have.
  4.  Posted to the wiki, along with a link to the source of the action or decision. This could be an email, or link to the meeting page of the wiki.

Going forward, we would like to suggest the following additional steps to the process:

  *   We will run through decisions and action items reached on the call prior to its conclusion. This agenda item will be inserted after A.O.B
  *   We will send a follow-up email to Co-Chairs, or rapporteurs in the case of sub-team meetings, to validate the content for positing on the wiki. For plenary calls, we would recommend having one Co-Chair sign-off on the materials for expediency purposes.
  *   If an agreement is reached on a mailing-list, we will send a note to the Co-Chairs, or rapporteurs in the case of sub-team meetings, to confirm the decision that needs to be captured on the wiki.

In addition, we would also like to ask Co-Chairs and rapporteurs to note action items and decisions reached in real-time during a meeting to support accuracy and completeness.

As a next step, we will review the transcripts from each meeting for accuracy. We will then share the revised draft lists with the Co-Chairs and rapporteurs.

Best,
Jennifer

--
Jennifer Bryce