[Ssr2-review] Final Draft - Sub Topic 2 – ICANN SSR / Audit Plan and Follow Up
krsic at denic.de
Sun Aug 20 19:42:42 UTC 2017
As mentioned last week, Žarko and I had a workshop last Friday and
worked also on some SSR2 stuff. We finalized the draft of our sub group
item list and drafted an audit plan with specific topics and questions
for the forthcoming workshop. What we did in detail:
* Rearrangement of the existing topics and work items from Sub Topic 2 –
ICANN SSR in the document “SSR2 Sub topics” 
* Consensus on the following seven key action steps - transitionally in
a new document “SSR2_sub_topic_ICANN.SSR” ; we will merge them with
“SSR2 Sub topics”  after a final feedback from the review team.
1. Perform a comprehensive assessment of ICANN's Information Security
2. Perform a comprehensive assessment of ICANN's Business Continuity
3. Perform a comprehensive assessment of ICANN's Risk Management
Methodology and Framework.
4. Perform an assessment how effectively ICANN has implemented its
Security Incident Management and Response Processes to reduce (proactive
and reactive) the probability of DNS-related incidents.
5. Perform a comprehensive assessment of internal security, stability
and resiliency of ICANN's operation processes and services.
6. Perform an assessment how effectively ICANN has implemented its
processes around vetting registry operators and services concerning the
New gTLD Delegation and Transition process.
7. Perform an assessment how effectively ICANN has implemented its
processes to ensure compliance regarding registrar agreements and the
* Drafted an audit plan  for planning purposes, to indicate the right
persons at ICANN and to help us in the execution of the workshop - based
on the structure from “SSR2_sub_topic_ICANN.SSR”  and with the
content of the following both documents:
* SSR2-ICANNSecurity-workplan-draft 
* ICANN Security Questions for CIO 
We will circulate the link of the draft after upload it to google docs
- not later than Tuesday afternoon.
What are the next steps:
* Please provide final feedback on “SSR2_sub_topic_ICANN.SSR”  until
August 28. We will consolidate potential feedback and finalize the
document on Tuesday, August 29.
* Please provide final feedback on the audit plan  until August 28.
We will consolidate potential feedback and finalize the document on
Tuesday, August 29.
* MSSI Secretariat, You will be able to identify all responsible staff
owners with the first draft of the document . Please confirm their
availability asap. We should be able to organize parallel tracks on the
two workshop days.
Thanks a lot and wishing all a relaxing Sunday.
 URL will follow
Chief Information Security Officer
DENIC eG, Kaiserstraße 75-77, 60329 Frankfurt am Main, GERMANY
E-Mail: krsic at denic.de, Fon: +49 69 272 35-120, Fax: -248
Mobil: +49 172 67 61 671
X.509 Key-ID: 00A54FCB79884413A4
Fingerprint: 9D37 F593 AF9A D766 FAB4 8B88 D49A 2716
PGP Key-ID: 0x43C89BA9
Fingerprint: B974 E725 FEF7 CB3A E452 BEE0 5B80 73E9 43C8 9BA9
Angaben nach § 25a Absatz 1 GenG:
DENIC eG (Sitz: Frankfurt am Main)
Vorstand: Helga Krüger, Martin Küchenthal, Andreas Musielak, Dr. Jörg
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Thomas Keller
Eingetragen unter Nr. 770 im Genossenschaftsregister, Amtsgericht
Frankfurt am Main
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 496 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the Ssr2-review