[tech-whois] A follow up session in San Francisco?

Steve Sheng steve.sheng at icann.org
Wed Feb 2 01:04:02 UTC 2011

Hi Michael and Jim,

  These questions about process are important ones. I hear Jim asking who owns the work, what's the mandate, and Michael is suggesting the mandate should be given by GNSO, and the first step is working on requirements.

  What do others on the mailing list think? Since Whois is used not only by GNSO constituencies, but by ccTLDs, RIRs as well. Should this be a joint working group with other SOs and ACs, for example with SSAC? Another question is should the discussion happen inside IETF instead of ICANN?

Warm regards,
Steve