[tech-whois] SF session Agenda

Steve Sheng steve.sheng at icann.org
Tue Mar 8 00:53:39 UTC 2011

Hello All,

  First of all, thank you all for your responses regarding the SF meeting agenda. Based on the comments received, we will go ahead to ask Andy speak on RWS.  We will also adjust the agenda of the meeting to include a discussion of requirements based on recent conversations and requests.

Revised Agenda:

-  Introduction

-  Overview of RESTful Whois [presentation by Andy Newton, Chief Engineer, ARIN] [35 minutes]

-  Discussion on the barriers for the adoption of IRIS (particularly from an operator's perspective), and any important lessons we can learn from the development of the IRIS protocol. [15 minutes]

-  Discussion on the requirements for a new directory service for registration data.  [30 minutes]

-  Discussion of next steps and process [10 minutes]

If we run out of time, and there is continuing interest in the discussion of requirements. We will put in a request for a second session that solely focused on the requirements. Note at this late in the agenda scheduling, it may be difficult to get a space. If we can't get a room, this could be a conversation at the hotel coffee shop.

To make the best use of our time in SF, as Michael Young suggested I will send some documents about requirements in a separate email, and encourage the group read and comment before the SF meeting.

Warm regards,
Steve