[technology taskforce] AIs from the TTF call on August 5 2013

Glenn McKnight mcknight.glenn at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 12:25:01 UTC 2013

As per the discussion on curating of  media content.

The various  ICANN meetngs  have the following
-Social events
-Special awards
-Presentations/reports
-Group discussions
-Member briefing observations of issues

Although captured in audio by Adobe Connect the  problem is finding the
content and making it relevant. We need contextural relevance.

Although lots of people are taking pictures the content is not being shared
or being properly documented.

In the past few years  I have been collecting pictures, video and short
interviews and posting it on my own personal sites. This content although
available isn't distributed properly ie. ICANN Facebook, ICANN Academy etc.

As Dev has pointed out we need a place to propery backup the information
and made available for post editing.

Secondly, I am going to suggest that each RALO assign someone with the task
of  content aggregrator whilst at ICANN meetings, upload the content and
post content.   Since we don't have proper job descriptions for Secretariat
I am not sure if they are  WILLING  or ABLE to do this task.

I would suggest this person bring  two SLR cameras, One  Video Camera,
TRIPOD  and six  SD Cards

In my opinion much of the previous day content can be uploaded to the
repository during the next day's meetings in various folders, permitting
additional content to be secured.

Glenn

Glenn McKnight
mcknight.glenn at gmail.com