[technology taskforce] Topics for 2015 Technology Show and Tell

Glenn McKnight mcknight.glenn at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 16:30:36 UTC 2015

I was  reviewing the  NTN 15 Technology conference  agenda  and  I came
across  an idea  by one of the speakers.

It's  a  Technology Solution  Show and Tell  session    and  it might be
fun to get everyone involved in our  discussion.

I have cut and  pasted his  description of the session.  I intend to
participate at the session and speak about our  CIVICRM solution for  the
Internet Society of Canada

Here it is

*This is a crowdsourced session. Participants are given up to 5 minutes to
share one tool that they use which is valuable to their non-profit
communication / fundraising / community management life. It can be a CRM,
communication tool, fundraising platform, some social media magicsauce or
other clever web tool that helped further your mission, cause or execute
your work. The goal is to learn of other tools and techniques, and connect
people that may be using similar solutions to build a network of peer
support.Participants will vote anonymously for a "I'm totally doing that"
prize winner. Speakers [image: avatar for Chad Leaman]
<http://15ntc.sched.org/speaker/chadleaman?iframe=yes&w=i:0;&sidebar=yes&bg=no>
**Chad Leaman
<http://15ntc.sched.org/speaker/chadleaman?iframe=yes&w=i:0;&sidebar=yes&bg=no>*
*Director of Development and Moodler at Large, Neil Squire Society*
*I'm passionate about how technology can be used for social change. I
primarily work for a non-profit organization the Neil Squire Society. We
use technology and skills training to empower people with physical
disabilities. I also work with Lambda Solutions, a certified Moodle
Partner. I volunteer with NetTuesday, where we host free monthly workshops
to connect social change makers with technology best practices*

Glenn McKnight
mcknight.glenn at gmail.com
skype  gmcknight
twitter gmcknight