[technology taskforce] Feedback on ICANN54 Meeting app

Judith Hellerstein judith at jhellerstein.com
Tue Oct 27 09:42:49 UTC 2015

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for your comments.  I had similar ones and asked them to Josh when I saw him. He said the app kept updating and was sluggish because it was still in beta. He said that since they had no registration data to go by the app updated itself with every new registration. He said that now since it has a base to go by it will work much better in Marakesh.  I hope so.  I also sent hm my suggestions that each user be asked to log into the schedule if they want to download calendars entree. This way the app could synch with the data you download so if you created a schedule n the desktop by downloading specific calendar entries these would populate a schedule for you and then that could synch with the app when you logged in. This way the app could have your schedule and then it could update rooms or times as needed. This would make the app more usable to many others

The other suggestion i gave was to work with the meeting people to get there notes on where each room is located and feed that into the app and the maps. This would give us written directions to go along with the floor plan. Apparently the meetings team writes up these notes and hands them to their staff so why not add this info to the app so all can benefit.

Judith
Sent from my iPad
Judith at jhellerstein.com
Skype ID: judithhellerstein