[technology taskforce] ARIN meeting app - CrowdCompass by Cvent

Alfredo Calderon calderon.alfredo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 11:54:50 UTC 2016

Hello to all:

As mentioned during my intervention at ICANN57, ARIN uses CrowdCompass and
it's APP which I found very user-friendly and versatile.

At goo.gl/TZ1QBA another company does a comparison of different apps for
events.  But, my experience with CrowdCompass (http://www.crowdcompass.com/)
was very good. Had it available on my iPhone and iPad and it worked
flawlessly.

A list of its main features is available at -
http://www.crowdcompass.com/app-features/

   - Activity Feed was excellent - Feed is a personalized stream tailored
   to each individual based on the attendee's interactions with the app.
   - Beacons - When an attendee is near a beacon, relevant notifications
   appear on their phone. (worked very well)
   - Personalized Schedule Integration - had all my sessions scheduled with
   detail information on speaker/s, location, etc.
   - Interactive Maps - could see and know exactly where I was heading.
   - Attendee messaging - could chat with other participants within app. I
   was able to chat with other participants and in some cases, even though my
   "mentor" was not near I could send a message and receive the response,
   almost immediately.
   - Social networks and sharing - from within the app I could share photo
   comments, etc. with my social network groups.
   - Hashtag - could use a hashtag and all subscribed could see or read
   content shared.
   - Session materials/presentations - could have access to materials as
   sessions occurred.

I have not been able to use the ICANN app to compare. However, my
experience with CrowdCompass was positive.

I strongly recommend contacting CrowdCompass (
http://www.crowdcompass.com/custom-demo-request.shtml) for a Demo. Also,
contact *Mark Kosters, Chief Technology Officer* at *ARIN* to have an idea
of the project management of implementing the tool for events and any
concerns or pitfalls.
Hope this helps for further consideration.

[image: photo]
*Alfredo Calderon*
eLearning Consultant
calderon.alfredo at gmail.com | http://aprendizajedistancia.blogspot.com | Skype:
Alfredo_1212 <#> | wiseintro.co/alfredocalderon
<http://facebook.com/calderon.alfredo>
<http://pr.linkedin.com/in/acalderon52>  <http://twitter.com/acalderon52>
<http://plus.google.com/u/0/103289446075444313762/posts>
<http://www.pinterest.com/acalderon/>  <http://www.slideshare.net/acalderon>
  <http://klout.com/#/acalderon52>  <http://wiseintro.co/alfredocalderon>
Get a signature like this: Click here!
<http://ws-promos.appspot.com/r?rdata=eyJydXJsIjogImh0dHA6Ly93d3cud2lzZXN0YW1wLmNvbS9lbWFpbC1pbnN0YWxsP3dzX25jaWQ9NjcyMjk0MDA4JnV0bV9zb3VyY2U9ZXh0ZW5zaW9uJnV0bV9tZWRpdW09ZW1haWwmdXRtX2NhbXBhaWduPXByb21vXzU3MzI1Njg1NDg3Njk3OTIiLCAiZSI6ICI1NzMyNTY4NTQ4NzY5NzkyIn0=&u=167127266436098>