[technology taskforce] Fwd: [ALAC-Announce] Adobe Connect (AC) room issues

Dev Anand Teelucksingh devtee at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 22:41:24 UTC 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: ICANN At-Large Staff <staff at atlarge.icann.org>
Date: Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 5:16 PM
Subject: [ALAC-Announce] Adobe Connect (AC) room issues
To: ALAC Announce <alac-announce at atlarge-lists.icann.org>
Cc: ICANN At-Large Staff <staff at atlarge.icann.org>

Dear all,

As many of you are aware, ICANN is now rolling out new Adobe Connect (AC)
rooms. Whilst this has been mostly smooth, we have been noticing glitches
affecting accessibility, audio quality and some delays in the AC chat pod.
Our tech-team is working very closely with Adobe Connect to iron out these
issues as soon as possible.
In order for the tech team to identify rapidly what constitues an
individual issue rather than a widespread one, we encourage you to report
any issues which affected the quality of your conference call be it delays
in joining, difficulty hearing what was being said, or abnormal delays in
the room.

*Prior to reporting however please follow the below troubleshooting steps:*

   1. Run the ICANN AC test to ensure you have all the latest add ins, it
   takes 10 – 15 seconds: http://tinyurl.com/icannactest
   <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__tinyurl.com_icannactest&d=DQMFAw&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PqnmlD10aN3cxIHyiUf_hNf25P6Dsv7dJM6flBzRrBs&m=rSNU8hzhXCQqkulSaIwL7BaFV0wVMFyya5b05TsjMIY&s=Sn66Q7HScE8SzcDCyqnDDDm2x2bocgrKQGsaEyojO10&e=>
   2. Try accessing the AC room via a different browser. Tech support
   recommends trying this order, from first to last: 1) Firefox 2) Chrome 3)
   Safari 4) IE
   3. Check that you have no Ad Blockers, or other Blockers enabled (this
   can vary from browser to browser)

Once this is done, and you are still having issues, please send an email to
tech-support at icann.org, cc-ing staff at atlarge.icann.org reporting on the
above three steps and describing the issue. This will be taken care of, or
escalated to Adobe immediately .

Please rest assured that the Tech team is working round the clock to solve
these issues, and we will provide updates as we go along.

Our apologies for the inconvenience caused,

Thank you.
Regards,

Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Ariel Liang, Gisella Gruber, Nathalie
Peregrine, Terri Agnew and Yeşim Nazlar

ICANN Policy Staff in support of the At-Large Community

E-mail: staff at atlarge.icann.org

Website: atlarge.icann.org

Facebook: www.facebook.com/icann <https://www.facebook.com/icannatlarge>
atlarge <https://www.facebook.com/icannatlarge>