[technology taskforce] Testing of conferencing software meetecho

Judith Hellerstein judith at jhellerstein.com
Wed Feb 1 14:09:16 UTC 2017

Hi All,

On our call on February 13 which we are hoping will be a 90 minute call you instead of 60 minutes we will also be hearing about the software used by the IETF for their meetings.  It had been suggested by others in the group that we should look into this as a possible replacement for Adobe Connect. For those interested  in testing it, here is the  info. The software uses the web rtc protocols and should run on any platform. It looks very promising. Let me or Dev know nay questions

From MeetEcho--
we set up a testing instance of the Meetecho platform for you to play with. It's the very same platform we currently provide to IETF for their meetings (we just replaced the IETF logo with the ICANN one), so some functionality may be tailored to their specific scenario.

As Simon anticipated, we own the whole source code of the platform, so we can customize it to fit your needs.

The testing room is available here:

   http://conf.meetecho.com/presenter/?id=ICANN

It is configured to let everybody join as "speaker", i.e., they will be able to start sending their audio/video at anytime without moderation by clicking on the microphone and webcam icons.

There's also a self-test tool that allows to check audio/video devices and WebRTC connectivity:

   https://selftest.conf.meetecho.com

Finally, you can find further details and instructions about the remote participation service we offer at the IETF here:

   http://ietf98.conf.meetecho.com/index.php/Remote_Participation

Sent from my iPad
Judith at jhellerstein.com
Skype ID: judithhellerstein