[technology taskforce] Facebook Issues and Fellowship

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 20:09:22 UTC 2017

Sent from my mobile
Kindly excuse brevity and typos

On Jul 28, 2017 9:02 PM, "Glenn McKnight" <mcknight.glenn at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Jason
The article isn't relevant to the Fellowship program per say but it's an op
piece worth sharing.
As to the Fellowship  the  discussion started with some Fellows complaining
about he arbitrariness of the decision to use Facebook.  The general view
in the NCUC list made mention of the lack of access to Facebook in certain
countries and the platform in general .   I suggested we at the TTF  we
look at the concerns and suggest alternatives.

SO: Actually I think the concern was about making Facebook being a
compulsory requirement for fellows and that has been addressed.

I don't think there is an alternative social media platform that we
can/should recommend with A MUST clause for fellows or any other
stakeholder group in ICANN.

Regards

Glenn McKnight
mcknight.glenn at gmail.com