[technology taskforce] Annoucments from Cisco regarding changes to WebEx

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Thu Apr 19 14:45:44 UTC 2018

Thanks Dev.

They forgot to add "bla bla bla" at the end of their sales pitch. The
software is still unbelievably cumbersome to use and lacks so many
features. It's been years that I have used Webex and it's not had any
major improvements ever since it was launched. ICANN's now started using
Webex for its meetings and although some of the difficulty is people
having to adjust to Webex, it is still hard to use, works extra poorly
on tablets & phones, and lacks many of the features which Adobe Connect had.
I gather the sales pitch which includes "artificial intelligence" forgot
to mention "blockchain" - together these terms are used to define any
technological system that will save the world (tm).
Kindest regards,

Olivier

On 19/04/2018 15:47, Dev Anand Teelucksingh wrote:
> https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2018/04/18/1480793/0/en/Take-the-Mundane-Out-of-Your-Meetings-Cisco-Enhances-Webex-to-Include-More-of-What-You-Do-Every-Day-to-Get-Great-Work-Done.html
>
> “To make it easier for teams to meet and get great work done, today we
> announce that we are converging the Cisco Spark™ and Webex platforms.
> The result is a new Webex Meetings application for your meetings and a
> new seamless team collaboration application called Webex Teams
> (formerly Cisco Spark). We are putting all our award-winning video
> devices onto this newly converged platform. And we’re adding a new
> hardware device that turns any work space with a TV into a Webex room.
> We didn’t stop there. We’re making everything easier to buy. And we’re
> continuing to apply machine learning and artificial intelligence that
> will dramatically improve meetings as we know them today.“

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD
http://www.gih.com/ocl.html