[technology taskforce] Transitioning ICANN's Remote Participation Platform to Zoom

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Apr 3 21:41:18 UTC 2019

Dear Dev,

thanks for reporting this. A while ago, when Adobe Connect was faced
with security problems, ICANN briefly interrupted the use of Adobe
Connect and replaced it with both the use of Webex and Zoom. The result
was not particularly positive and the vast majority of people were happy
to return to Adobe Connect, which is a lot more powerful than Webex and
at least keeps some form of order to the order in which people put their
hands up. Zoom has some serious shortfalls for meetings with a large
number of people --- and it does not offer local dial up in many
countries around the world.
I am very surprised about this choice.

How do you all rate Zoom vs. Adobe Connect?

Kindest regards,

Olivier