[technology taskforce] Techcrunch : Atlassian gives Confluence a makeover, acquires Good Software

DANIEL NANGHAKA dndannang at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 06:00:05 UTC 2019

Thanks Dev for the update, Lets look forward to it being used especially in
getting metrics and analytics of engagement.

On Thu, 11 Apr 2019 at 06:06, Dev Anand Teelucksingh <devtee at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Atlassian today announced a new version of Confluence
> <https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence>, its collaboration
> platform....
>
> ....To do this, Atlassian also today announced that it has acquired Good
> Software <https://www.goodsoftware.co/>, a company that makes analytics
> tools for Confluence users and admins.
>
> In total, Atlassian is announcing 15 new features for the product.
> Unsurprisingly, given the acquisition of Good Software, one of these new
> features is extended analytics. With this, Confluence users will be able to
> see how others in their company engage with their content. The idea here,
> Atlassian says, is to help everybody write better content and not just see
> who writes the most popular copy (though that’s surely how this will also
> be used). There are some other uses here, too, though. An HR manager may
> notice that a page with outdated information is still getting hits, for
> example.....
>
> .....Another major new feature is the introduction of an updated editor.
> The core features of this new editor are actually shared across most
> Atlassian products now, but as Pratima Arora, the company’s head of
> Confluence, told me, that editor is then tweaked for the individual
> products. For Confluence, this means support for the ever-important feature
> of adding emojis to your pages, but at the core of that is the new slash
> (/) command that, similar to Slack, lets you add tables, images and macros
> to your pages. Other new features include the ability to easily create
> better-looking tables of content, action items, roadmaps and due dates, as
> well as smartlinks that automatically preview content for services like
> Google Drive, Dropbox, Trello, GitHub and others. All of this is meant to
> make organizing content just a little bit easier....
>
> ...Also new are a set of new templates and a new media experience."
> Full article :
>
> https://techcrunch.com/2019/04/10/atlassian-gives-confluence-a-makeover-acquires-good-software/

Nanghaka Daniel K.
Executive Director - ILICIT Africa/ Chair - Outreach and Engagement WG
(ICANN At-Large)/ former Chair - FOSSFA  / Geo4Africa Lead / Organising
Team - FOSS4G2018
Mobile +256 772 898298 (Uganda)
Skype: daniel.nanghaka