[technology taskforce] Zoom blog :

Dev Anand Teelucksingh devtee at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 01:16:49 UTC 2021

So many updates : automated transcription to 30 languages and live
translation to 12 languages next year ; multiple persons to be able to
control the slide ; zoom events conference mode which I can certainly see
ICANN using - Dev Anand

“We’re committed to removing the barriers to effective and dynamic
communication, and as part of that commitment, we’re planning to extend
Zoom’s automated transcription to 30 languages and add live translation to
12 languages in the next year. Zoom connects users across the world, and
this expansion of our transcription and translation features will help to
overcome the language barrier that can prevent dynamic communication and
collaboration.”

Also coming this month:

“ Other exciting feature updates coming this month:

   - “Next slide, please”: With a setting similar to remote control,
   multiple people can control the slides, eliminating the need for a verbal
   cue.
   - Waiting Room two-way chat: Update meeting participants all at once
   with messaging capabilities in the Waiting Room.

Read blog post for details :
https://blog.zoom.us/zoom-platform-enhancements-zoomtopia-2021/