Ballot 3 -- struct tm
Sat Apr 4 15:31:12 UTC 1987
On this ballot feel free to mix'n'match your choices.
3. How should the structure tm be defined?
a. As it is defined in the SVID with no added members.
b. Extend tm structure to contain local timezone offset from UT
c. Extend tm structure to contain local seasonal time offset from UT
d. Extend tm structure to contain timezone name
e. Extend tm structure to contain a pointer to the timezone name
f. Drop tm_isdst from the structure.
1. If the structure is changed, should it be renamed?
2. What does an invalid structure contain? Can there be invalid struct tm's?
3. If the timezone name is included by a char pointer, how does one
make a "permanent" copy of the structure?
4. If the timezone name is included, must there be a standard for timezone
names so that a different process can make sense out of a passed structure?
5. How is the structure to be used by the mktime() function.
More information about the tz