mktime() failures under PCTS testing

Grant Sullivan grant at osf.org
Wed Mar 23 23:04:40 UTC 1994

In PCTS, "ambiguous" is referring to the time periods
	at, and 59:59 minutes after the start of daylight savings, where the
	   time given is as if there were no transition to daylight savings
        59:59 minutes before, and at the end of daylight savings, where the
	   time given is as if there were no transition from daylight savings
and tm_isdst = -1, assuming the difference between standard vs. daylight is
60:00 minutes.

I've run tests on SVR4v3 and HP-UX C.09.01 systems and found their mktime()
maps
	02:MM:SS/DST-UNKNOWN	to	 01:MM:SS/DST-OFF
I think I prefer
	02:MM:SS/DST-UNKNOWN	to	 03:MM:SS/DST-ON
but either mapping is acceptable to PCTS.