UK timezone news --- Summary: don't panic

Mark Prior mrp at itd.adelaide.edu.au
Sun Jan 21 22:19:56 UTC 1996

     One of the most depressing things about all this is that many people
     have been taken in by John Butterfill's `(Extra Daylight)' and somehow
     think that politicians can conjure the stuff out of thin air.

And they have obviously forgotten what a disaster it was when it was
tried in the early '70's. It might not have been so bad down in London
but up near the Scottish border it was really stupid. I still have my
reflective vest (issued to school children who were forced to go to
school in the dark), maybe I should send it to John Butterfill as a
reminder :-)

Mark.