What about Antarctica?

Paul Eggert eggert at twinsun.com
Thu Jun 27 08:01:51 UTC 1996

   Date: 27 Jun 96 01:16:22 EDT
   From: Chris Carrier <72157.3334 at CompuServe.COM>

   Does McMurdo and Pole Station run on GMT+12 all year, GMT+13 all year (the
   time in New Zealand in summer) or switch from +12 to +13 as New Zealand?

<URL:http://www.cybertours.com/whs/pole10.html> says the latter.

   Do "all interior stations keep New Zealand time" presently,

<URL:http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~rbrbrn/awsproj.html> says that (as of
1994) the South Pole station was the only remaining year-round
interior station in Antarctica.

I looked for other non-interior stations; the only other info I found was
<URL:http://www.antdiv.gov.au/aad/exop/sfo/mawson/video.html>,
which says that Mawson Station is 6 hours ahead of UTC.

I'll write up proposed entries for the antarctica file.