Only Microsoft could come up with this one...

Monty Solomon monty at roscom.COM
Sun Nov 17 07:25:25 UTC 1996

Begin forwarded message:

Newsgroups: rec.humor.funny
From: GeraghtyR at scrha.health.qld.gov.au (Geraghty Rob)
Subject: Only Microsoft could come up with this one...
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 96 4:30:02 EST

Just the other day, the eastern Australian States of New South Wales

and Victoria went over to Daylight Saving time.  Queensland did not.

Windows 95 regards all three as being in one time zone.

Consequently, all our email and schedule appointments have gone

haywire, because Exchange is adjusting for a daylight saving difference

we don't have.

(please note that Queensland has only had daylight saving for one

summer - about three years ago)

I phoned Microsoft to ask whether they planned to fix the bug, but they

told me:

"It's not a bug."
"Why not?"
"Because Queensland had daylight saving when we wrote the code."

--
Selected by Jim Griffith.  MAIL your joke to funny at clari.net.
Attribute the joke's source if at all possible.  A Daemon will auto-reply.

Remember: Always give your jokes a descriptive "Subject:" line.
Don't use "joke" or "submission" or "joke submission," please.
For the full submission guidelines, see http://comedy.clari.net/rhf/