Two `zones' for Germany?

Garrett Wollman wollman at lcs.mit.edu
Tue Nov 26 18:12:34 UTC 1996

A FreeBSD contributor avers that the then-DDR began observing summer
time a year [earlier|later] than the BRD, and further claims that the
correct BRD start date should be 1979, not 1980 (and this the DDR
would be [1978|1980]).  (I have since deleted the message so I don't
recall which direction the difference was.)  According to the existing
practice, then, there should be a different rule for locations which
were in the DDR.  I have no notion of which would be the most populous
city in this case, but perhaps <joerg at freebsd.org> can provide more
detailed information.

-GAWollman

wollman at lcs.mit.edu  | O Siem / The fires of freedom
MIT, LCS, ANA, or NSA|                     - Susan Aglukark and Chad Irschick