Russian zone names in use in .ru

Chris Carrier 72157.3334 at CompuServe.COM
Thu Oct 3 05:51:49 UTC 1996

(Andrey A. Chernov) >INTERNET:ache at nagual.ru wrote:

>Russian time zones never abbreviated in civil live, so don't
>even try to search for them.
>MSK/MSD abbreviation was born in computers world initially.

I would be interested to know, what labels are used in Russia for its time
zones?  I know Moscow+0 is Moscow time, but what is the name in common use for
Moscow+1, Moscow+2, all the way up to Moscow+10.

Thank you.

>I don't understand why you insist on some meaning of timezone
>abbreviation, lets look at them as at abstract ascii labels.
>Most of timezone abbreviations already are cryptic enough
>for unexperienced user. Only one requirement will be needed:
>ascii label must be unique. If timezone abbreviation comes
>to you from native background, please don't change it.

I completely agree.