Non-EU Europe, record set today

Peter Ilieve peter at aldie.co.uk
Tue Oct 29 18:58:13 UTC 1996

> I would like to ask: given that the European Union has extended summer time
> until October 27, and that Russia did the same, can we assume that all
> European countries that are *not* in the EU and those former republics of the
> ex-Soviet Union that observed DST also delayed their ending date this year
> until the end of October?

No. Although it won't affect the overall numbers much, it appears that
Latvia at least didn't take part in this historic mass orgy of clock changing.

I was checking with a relative in Estonia about the IATA manual, which
gives a different time of change for Estonia to that which he had told me
before, and he said unprompted that he knew Latvia had changed on the
last Sunday in September.