FW: tztab entries (forwarded with permission)

Antoine Leca Antoine.Leca at renault.fr
Wed Aug 13 09:14:10 UTC 1997

Paul Eggert wrote:

> After quickly looking through the above output, I suggest the
> following set of 95 entries from the tz database with unique UTC
> offset futures.  For example, this list uses the name `Europe/Paris'
> for CET/CEST (though perhaps `Europe/Brussels' would be more
> appropriate :-).

Non, non...

Paul, I remind you the rules for naming (from africa):
#   Use the most populous among locations in a country's time zone,
#       e.g. prefer `Shanghai' to `Beijing'.  Among locations with
#       similar populations, pick the best-known location,
#       e.g. prefer `Rome' to `Milan'.

So we should stick with Europe/Paris, since it is much bigger.

;-)

Antoine