Time zone suggestions for draft-ietf-calsch-ical-08.txt

Keith Moore moore at cs.utk.edu
Sat Aug 8 21:49:54 UTC 1998

> I assume you mean globally-scoped names together with their corresponding
> VTIMEZONE component?

Yes, that's what I had in mind.  But just defining the format of the
global timezone names themselves would be a useful first step.

(Offhand, I'm thinking in terms of /XX or /XX/yyy where XX
is the iso 3166 country code and yyy is a political subdivision
within that country.  In many cases just /XX suffices.
This probably doesn't cover all timezones that one might want to
define, but it's a start.)

-Keith