Time in Portugal

Peter Ilieve peter at aldie.co.uk
Wed Jan 7 21:31:44 UTC 1998

Alex Livingston wrote:
>  Friends of mine who visited Portugal in August/September last year say
>  that it is (i.e. was then) on the same time as Vienna (from where they flew
>  to Lisbon) and Prague (where they live at the moment), which contradicts
>  tzdata1997i. Is anyone on this list in a better position to follow this up
>  than I?

I exchanged several emails with Martin Bruckmann <martin at ua.pt> about this
in Feb 1996 after he posted something to uk.misc (among other groups).
He was certain that they changed back to the GMT zone in 1996 by not
putting the clocks forward in March. He lives there so I took his word for it.

I have just used telnet to connect to one of the MX record machines for
Martin's domain and it gives the same time as here in Scotland, so
Martin is in the GMT zone even if the rest of Portugal isn't. :-)

I'm sure there are enough unix machines in Portugal that we would have
heard the complaints by now if the tz data is wrong. :-)

		Peter Ilieve		peter at aldie.co.uk