(SC22WG20.2163) ISO 8601:1998 draft (Time and date notation)

Alain LaBont\i\ alb at sct.gouv.qc.ca
Thu Jan 15 03:03:30 UTC 1998

A 18:32 13/01/98 +0000, Markus Kuhn a écrit :
>Dear friends of standard time notations!
>
>Please have a look at
>
>  http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/8601v03.pdf

[Alain] :
Thanks for the info. I'll have a careful look...

A priori, I believe that we should deprecate the truncated form removing
the century-related data out of the date... Please, if you do not hear from
me because I would be too busy, make that comment to the editor (on my
behalf with my permission, if necessary). I'm sure it will be said, but who
knows?

We know why it should be depreacted... for about 2 decades (and I'm
optimistic) at least, this will be more than prudent! I wish all computers
all competed with Deep Blue, but unfortunately that's not the case...

Alain LaBonté
Québec