date formats

Markus Kuhn Markus.Kuhn at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jul 23 13:57:58 UTC 1998

Dave & Betty Fabian [SMTP:dfabian at sprynet.com] wrote:
> Do you know where I can get a list of the local year-month-day orders
> used in each country? For example, the U.S. uses month-day-year order.

Local date format information is part of the locale data collection
on <ftp://dkuug.dk/i18n/locales/> specified in POSIX locale format.

More and more users and countries are moving towards the international
standard date notation YYYY-MM-DD described on

  http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-time.html

so you might consider using just this one for simplicity and prevention
of confusion.

Markus

--
Markus G. Kuhn, Security Group, Computer Lab, Cambridge University, UK
email: mkuhn at acm.org,  home page: <http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/>