Time zone converter bug report

Paul Eggert eggert at twinsun.com
Tue May 26 04:23:15 UTC 1998

   Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 16:22:13 -0400
   From: Dee Ann Abel <dee at burbs.com>

   I use the time zone database developed by this group in my time zone
   converter (http://www.burbs.com/cgi-bin/tzconvert.pl).  I refer to it in
   the help files for the converter as the "NIH database" but that isn't
   really right.  How should I refer to this database?

I usually refer to it as the ``tz database''.  Sometimes I prefix it
with ``public domain'' and/or ``Olson''.  I don't know that it has an
official name, but its originator Arthur David Olson might have an
opinion.

   Through this I expect that from time to time I will receive reports like
   this one, below.  I thought I'd forward them on to this list so that they
   could either be explained or addressed.

It might be helpful to filter out the ones that you know are obviously
bogus, or which you can't decipher yourself.  That particular one was
on the bogus side.  I'll send a reply separately to its originator and
to you, and not bother the rest of the tz list with it.  It will
definitely be helpful to send the juicy reports on to the tz list, but
I'd guess most responses will need to be filtered.